Sunday 15 January 2017

Coursework Construction : Day 1 filming review

Here is a brief video diary talking about how the first day filming went:




A more in depth review:

What went well?
I think what went well was the way we worked together, making the process easier as his responses to my directions were really good. He also had some ideas for different shots which was cool because we collaborated our ideas to come up with some new shots and angles.

What didn't work as well?
The shots in my dads house did not go as well because the space wasn't particularly easy to film in as it was all quite tight, so the shots there do not look as good as I want them to.  I also had not thought ahead to filming the scenes of him trapped in the computer, and our location did not have any windows to give us the space to do that so we could not get it filmed as planned.

Anything that needs to be refilmed?
We need to refilm the shots of him in the room and also film him behind the screen, so there will be another day to do those. I think all of the shots of him in Norwich are fine as we got a large amount trying different things, so I should have plenty to choose from during editing.

Did everything run smoothly?
Everything went well and there wasn't any major hiccups, just that we have to refilm some shots. Also, our actor for his sister became sick before the shoot so we had to improvise and use me to make up for it.

Any changes to make?
I think that I will try and do the sister coming into the bedroom differently as I think the basic angles I used just watching her walk into the room are quite boring and look really ametuer.

Did we use the storyboards to good effect?
I sent them to him beforehand which proved very useful as he had  a clear idea of what we were going to be doing before we filmed, but I forgot to bring them with me on the day which meant I forgot  a few shots as I was remembering them from the top of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment